Sunday, November 2, 2008

cooking in fall

Fall draws me to my kitchen...I love the warmth and smells of fall baking. I have found some WONDERFUL recipes perfect for fall!

butternut squash ravioli (from Costco) with a Balsamic brown butter (recipe here)- this was amazing...my kids ate every bite and wanted more the next day...I was so surprised they loved the sauce as much as I did! (They are normally afraid of anything different.)

my new favorite cookie: pumpkin cookies with penuche frosting (recipe here). I have been craving them since I made them...last week!

pumpkin cinnamon rolls: these (recipe here) were really fun to make. yeast usually intimidates me- but I did it! I love Heather's family recipe blog!

I hope if you try any of these that you like them as much as I did!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Now I know who left those devine cookies on my front step! They were sooo good and I even tried to make my own but didn't get the frosting right. Thank you and I am going to make your recipe next time! SO Funny, Kelly bought those butternut squash ravioli from Costco last week and we about died, they were so good! I made a brown butter and added fresh sage to the pan to infuse then spinkled ravioli with toasted pecans and parm. I love balsamic so I am going to try that next time I make it! SOOO FALL! Now I just need to get ambicious and make the rolls!

Lauretta Sechrest said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes. They sound delicious! I love the site you had for the pumpkin cookies, allrecipes.com. I get a lot of recipes from that site. I like to read the reviews first before I make it so I can learn from others as they have made it before. Now, if I only took the time to post my own comments, others could also learn from me!